Location: Waterloo, ON (Remote Option Available)
You are looking to join a team of engineers who work together, solve tough problems, challenge each other and trust each other. Our technology stack is very tall: it reaches between routers, clouds, mobile apps and web applications. When you see something that is outside of “spec” you are the one to speak up and ask questions. You know that how a cloud is built can differ from company to company, and throughout your experience, you have discovered modern tools and services to build, maintain and scale clouds quickly. You have the ability to see and communicate the outcome of technical discussions in the real world, and you care to maintain shipped products with hot fixes and maintenance releases. Ultimately, you thrive being part of a small, very talented and motivated engineering team developing the next generation technologies that will change how the world uses WiFi.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Improve and maintain the server-side components of internal and customer facing cloud-native web applications
- Develop integrations with internal and external Single-Sign-On (SSO) providers
- Implement back-end productization features such as improved security, token handling, session management and other best practices as per OWASP v4.0 spec
- Write documentation, create and execute CI pipelines
- Define and execute component-level validation and load testing.
- Work with the Data Science team to create and validate microservice wrappers for new/expanded system-level customer features
- Work with the DevOps team to create/update Kubernetes deployments of microservices and applications.
- Debug production issues
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Ability to create, write and test REST APIs
- Proficiency with command line tools in a Linux (or Mac) environment
- Knowledge of common Node backend and testing frameworks: Express, Knex, Jest
- Practical experience with common SQL and NoSQL database technologies (PostgreSQL, REDIS, MongoDB)
- Expertise with Python and its popular web frameworks (Flask, Django)
- Expertise with version control using Git
- Practical experience with containers (Docker, containerd)
- Experience with configuring and using Continuous Integration (GitlabCI, Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Experience planning and managing your work using JIRA
- Ability to write automation, supporting documentation and create test suites for the components you own
- Experience in working in an agile environment with daily standups and participating in sprints
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Previous user of Amazon Web Services (EC2, ALB, VPC, EKS)
- Knowing how to deploy an application with a single-node orchestrator like docker-compose
- Knowing how to deploy an application with a multi-node orchestrator like Kubernetes (EKS)
- Experience with SSO application development using OAuth/OIDC and JSON Web Tokens
- Some IoT experience and interaction with an MQTT message broker
- Experience running a load test (Locust)
- Familiarity with centralized logging (Graylog) and metric aggregation and monitoring (Grafana) systems
Don’t tick all the boxes? We believe that motivation and growth potential are highly valuable characteristics in a job candidate
WHY COGNITIVE SYSTEMS?
We are always on the look-out for bright, highly motivated and energetic A-players to join our team. We encourage an open and agile environment where creative thinking leads to ground-breaking achievements and innovations. We promote a healthy work-life balance in a flexible work setting. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent extended health care benefits plan, 4 weeks of paid vacation annually, a fitness and wellness credit, and we even provide a free catered lunch daily! Most importantly, we are committed to creating the best, most innovative and impactful technology that people will love.
Founded in 2014, Cognitive Systems Corp., set out on a mission to transform the way the world interacts with and uses wireless signals. Determined to use radio frequency (RF) technology to build a new way to interpret wireless signals, the co-founders drew upon their expertise in silicon design, RF, and cryptography. As a result, WiFi Motion™ was born.
Cognitive Systems is licensing our WiFi Motion Stack for use in mesh routers, voice assistants and IoT devices, enabling these devices to see and interpret motion, provide contextual awareness and user behaviour insights into the home. We are proud to partner and collaborate with the following industry leaders: Qualcomm, Broadcom, ON Semiconductor, Plume, AirTies, and CommScope.
Cognitive Systems Corp. is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.