Location: Waterloo, ON (Remote Option Available)
You are looking to join a team of engineers who work together, solve tough problems, challenge each other and trust each other. Our technology stack is very tall: it reaches between routers, clouds, mobile apps and web applications. When you see something that is outside of “spec” you are the one to speak up and ask questions. You know that how a cloud is built can differ from company to company, and throughout your experience, you have discovered modern tools and services to build, maintain and scale clouds quickly. You have the ability to see and communicate the outcome of technical discussions in the real world, and you care to maintain shipped products with hot fixes and maintenance releases. Ultimately, you thrive being part of a small, very talented and motivated engineering team developing the next generation technologies that will change how the world uses WiFi.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work hands-on with the latest DevOps technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- Maintain and operate automated tooling that deploys a cloud-native IoT+web+mobile application to multiple regions world-wide
- Perform operational tasks such as standing up new clusters and instances and upgrading existing ones
- Debug operational issues and perform root cause analysis for unexpected outages
- Assist backend/frontend developers in packaging their components for cloud deployment
- Develop automation to proactively monitor the deployments and IoT fleets for errors, outages and anomalies
- Create playbooks for after-hours support teams to follow in case of outage
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, the AWS cli and the AWS SDK for Python
- Understanding of the Kubernetes Ecosystem (Docker, Helm)
- About 5 years experience in Python development
- Proficiency with Linux/Unix command line tools, bash scripting
- Expertise with version control with GIT(Lab)
- Ability to work cross functionally and own your projects, ticket your own milestones and releases
- Proficiency in writing and supporting your documentation for the tools you own
- Ability to ticket and manage your work using Jira
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Previous IT experience
- Experience creating CI pipelines with GitLab and/or Jenkins
- Multi-region/Multi-zone scaling expertise
- SQL database (postgres) experience
- Redis Experience
- Security Experience
- Don’t tick all the boxes? We believe that motivation and growth potential are highly valuable characteristics in a job candidate
WHY COGNITIVE SYSTEMS?
We are always on the look-out for bright, highly motivated and energetic A-players to join our team. We encourage an open and agile environment where creative thinking leads to ground-breaking achievements and innovations. We promote a healthy work-life balance in a flexible work setting. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent extended health care benefits plan, 4 weeks of paid vacation annually, a fitness and wellness credit, and we even provide a free catered lunch daily! Most importantly, we are committed to creating the best, most innovative and impactful technology that people will love.
Founded in 2014, Cognitive Systems Corp., set out on a mission to transform the way the world interacts with and uses wireless signals. Determined to use radio frequency (RF) technology to build a new way to interpret wireless signals, the co-founders drew upon their expertise in silicon design, RF, and cryptography. As a result, WiFi Motion™ was born.
Cognitive Systems is licensing our WiFi Motion Stack for use in mesh routers, voice assistants and IoT devices, enabling these devices to see and interpret motion, provide contextual awareness and user behaviour insights into the home. We are proud to partner and collaborate with the following industry leaders: Qualcomm, Broadcom, ON Semiconductor, Plume, AirTies, and CommScope.