Location: Waterloo, ON (Remote Option Available)
You are looking to join a team of engineers who work together, solve tough problems, challenge each other and trust each other. Our technology stack is very tall: it reaches between routers, clouds, mobile apps and web applications. When you see something that is outside of “spec”, you are the one to speak up and ask questions. No matter how senior or experienced you are, you have the attitude that there is always something to learn and you care to share your strengths with others. Ultimately, you thrive being part of a small, very talented and motivated engineering team to develop the next generation technologies that will change how the world uses WiFi.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Improve and maintain our internal developer and user facing tool sets and web applications
- Develop and improve network visualizations, management and configuration dashboards
- Develop new tools for database user administration and metrics visualization dashboards on engagement and mobile app usage
- Work with our UX team to draft new designs for our products
- Apply front-end productization features such as improved security, token handling, session management and other best practices as per OWASP v4.0 spec
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Experience with ReactJS preferred, but other front-end framework experience is also desirable (Angular, Vue, etc.)
- Expertise in CSS and modern layouts is key: CSS Grid, Flexbox, SASS/LESS
- Ability to write responsive layouts/break points and draft designs with our UX team
- Proficiency with command line tools
- Expertise with version control with GIT
- Ability to work cross functionally and own your projects, ticket your own milestones and releases
- Proficiency in writing and supporting your documentation for the tools you own
- Ability to ticket and manage your work using Jira
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Ability to write CSS animations
- Knowing your way around Docker and Docker Compose
- Familiarity with Accessibility Best Practices
- Knowing how to leverage CSS3 for advanced user interface interactions
- Experience with NodeJS and writing REST APIs
- Familiarity with OAuth and JSON Web Tokens
- Skill in developing and maintaining a front-end testing pipeline
- Experience with Puppeteer to automate UI testing
- Don’t tick all the boxes? We believe that motivation and growth potential are highly valuable characteristics in a job candidate
WHY COGNITIVE SYSTEMS?
We are always on the look-out for bright, highly motivated and energetic A-players to join our team. We encourage an open and agile environment where creative thinking leads to ground-breaking achievements and innovations. We promote a healthy work-life balance in a flexible work setting. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent extended health care benefits plan, 4 weeks of paid vacation annually, a fitness and wellness credit, and we even provide a free catered lunch daily! Most importantly, we are committed to creating the best, most innovative and impactful technology that people will love.
Founded in 2014, Cognitive Systems Corp., set out on a mission to transform the way the world interacts with and uses wireless signals. Determined to use radio frequency (RF) technology to build a new way to interpret wireless signals, the co-founders drew upon their expertise in silicon design, RF, and cryptography. As a result, WiFi Motion™ was born.
Cognitive Systems is licensing our WiFi Motion Stack for use in mesh routers, voice assistants and IoT devices, enabling these devices to see and interpret motion, provide contextual awareness and user behaviour insights into the home. We are proud to partner and collaborate with the following industry leaders: Qualcomm, Broadcom, ON Semiconductor, Plume, AirTies, and CommScope.
Cognitive Systems Corp. is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.