Marketing Content Creator
Location: Waterloo, ON (Remote Option Available)
You want to be part of a collaborative team that works together to solve tough problems, challenge each other, laugh with each other and trust each other. You are curious. You google everything! You’re always asking questions, digging deeper to get to the heart of an issue. You love to tell a story with the written word. You’re equally confident in your ability to explain technical concepts and write relatable, human interest stories. You have experience writing to deadlines and managing content schedules. You are a grammar aficionado. Ultimately, you love to write and you’re good at it, but you also like wearing multiple hats and getting involved in all things marketing.
Cognitive Systems is changing the way the world uses WiFi by adding motion detection to it – seriously, how cool is that?! Are you the creative, strategic writer we need to help people understand WiFi Motion and its remarkable value?
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop content: Write and/or contribute to the creation of marketable content (e.g., blogs, articles, presentations, social posts, presentations, Q&A, web copy, app UX copy, award submissions)
- Research: Conduct research on relevant industry topics, supporting statistics, competitor insights, and promotional opportunities
- Proofread: Review internal and external assets before production for accuracy, clarity, flow and grammatical correctness, while ensuring brand compliance
- Interview: Conduct interviews with colleagues and industry experts to gain clarity on topics and technical information
- Source visuals: Suggest and/or create impactful images for social posts and other marketing content that best reflect key messages in our strategy while adhering to our brand guideline
- Maintain website: Post jobs, blogs, press coverage, and edit web copy as needed
- Schedule: Maintain an ongoing editorial calendar of all digital content and social posts planned or in production
- Meetings: Attend and/or coordinate strategy meetings as needed to develop meaningful content
- Administrative stuff: Assist the marketing team with administrative tasks (e.g., completing forms, responding to emails, compiling data)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Exceptional creative writing & proofreading skills
- Demonstrated experience developing short and long-form content for a variety of social, digital, and offline platforms
- A knack for reframing technical information in concise, easy-to-understand terms
- A thorough understanding of digital marketing best practices, accessibility, and Search Engine Optimization
- Ability to manage multiple projects & adapt to changing priorities
- Analytical thinker with strong research skills
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to analyze data, identify patterns & summarize findings
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Experience writing sales/marketing content for a technical audience
- Experience creating compelling PowerPoint presentations
- Experience working in a B2B or SaaS business model
- Don’t tick all the boxes? We believe that motivation and growth potential are highly valuable characteristics in a job candidate
WHY COGNITIVE SYSTEMS?
We are always on the look-out for bright, highly motivated and energetic A-players to join our team. We encourage an open and agile environment where creative thinking leads to ground-breaking achievements and innovations. We promote a healthy work-life balance in a flexible work setting. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent extended health care benefits plan, 4 weeks of paid vacation annually, a fitness and wellness credit, and we even provide a free catered lunch daily! Most importantly, we are committed to creating the best, most innovative and impactful technology that people will love.
Founded in 2014, Cognitive Systems Corp., set out on a mission to transform the way the world interacts with and uses wireless signals. Determined to use radio frequency (RF) technology to build a new way to interpret wireless signals, the co-founders drew upon their expertise in silicon design, RF, and cryptography. As a result, WiFi Motion™ was born.
Cognitive Systems is licensing our WiFi Motion Stack for use in mesh routers, voice assistants and IoT devices, enabling these devices to see and interpret motion, provide contextual awareness and user behaviour insights into the home. We are proud to partner and collaborate with the following industry leaders: Qualcomm, Broadcom, ON Semiconductor, Plume, AirTies, and CommScope.
Cognitive Systems Corp. is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.