Marketing Communications Coordinator
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Events: Assist with planning events, review exhibitor manuals, complete forms, manage shipping logistics, ensure we maximize all aspects of our sponsorship agreements
- Content Development: Write and/or oversee the creation of marketable content, e.g. blogs, social posts, Q&A, sales tools, presentations
- Award Submissions: Assist with writing & submission of award entries
- Proofreading: Review internal and external assets before production for accuracy, clarity and grammatical correctness, while ensuring brand compliance.
- Editorial Calendar: Maintain schedule (historical & anticipated) of social media posts, blogs and press coverage
- Social Outreach: Increase social outreach to specific influencers/audiences
- SEO Strategy: Contribute to the creation of an SEO strategy, including submitting our website to Google for re-indexing, and developing a list of keywords, hashtags and best practices for inserting them into content
- Website Maintenance: Post jobs, blogs, press coverage and edit web copy as required
- Analytics: Compile monthly reports on digital/web analytics
- Research: Assist with market research, such as statistics, industry trends, competitor insights, press, and promotional opportunities
- Administrative: Complete forms, fulfill requests for logos, swag, etc.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 2-5 years of marketing experience
- Excellent written communication & proofreading skills
- Understanding of Search Engine Optimization
- Ability to manage multiple projects & adapt to changing priorities
- Critical thinking ability
- Strong research skills
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to analyze data, identify patterns & summarize findings
- Experience managing social media accounts
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational & time management skills
- A self-starter personality
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Experience with B2B and/or SaaS sales model
- A strong desire to be part of a tech start-up/scale-up
WHY COGNITIVE SYSTEMS?
We are always on the look-out for bright, highly motivated and energetic A-players to join our team. We encourage an open and agile environment where creative thinking leads to ground-breaking achievements and innovations. We promote a healthy work-life balance in a flexible work setting. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent extended health care benefits plan, 4 weeks of paid vacation annually, a fitness and wellness credit, and we even provide a free catered lunch daily! Most importantly, we are committed to creating the best, most innovative and impactful technology that people will love.
Founded in 2014, Cognitive Systems Corp. is on a mission to transform the way the world uses WiFi. Our flagship technology, WiFi Motion™, uses wireless signals to detect motion in the home.
As a person moves through the home, they cause ripples in the WiFi signals. Cognitive’s software senses these changes to the WiFi environment, and uses advanced algorithms to determine when and where motion has occurred, and what action to take.
This patented, cutting-edge technology is being licensed to internet service providers (ISPs) and router manufacturers to enable new service offerings in the smart home, home monitoring and eldercare markets.