Senior iOS Developer
Location: Waterloo, ON (Remote Option Available)
You are an iOS developer who enjoys working in a distributed team environment. You are looking to join a team of people who works together, solves tough problems, challenges each other and trusts each other. You have the ability to see and communicate the outcome of technical discussions in the real world. Ultimately, you thrive being part of a small, very talented and motivated group developing the next generation technologies that will change how the world uses WiFi.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Take a lead in the iOS app development, while working closely with the Android team
- Accurately convert the UX team’s designs into working code
- Actively participate in sprint planning meetings to ensure that features are robustly defined
- Preserve code quality and ensure code is well organized
- Participate in code reviews
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- You have strong iOS development experience with native apps on iOS with Swift
- You have experience with REST API integration and testing
- You have a good knowledge of Design Patterns (e.g., Clean Swift, MVVM, Viper)
- You have experience in building custom UI components and animations
- You’ve worked in Agile teams
- You’re collaborative and pragmatic with great communication skills – happy to mentor and take a lead when needed
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Familiar with tools such as Jira, Confluence, GitLab / GitHub etc.
- Android development experience
- Familiarity with GDPR, PIPEDA and handling PII data
- Don’t tick all the boxes? We believe that motivation and growth potential are highly valuable characteristics in a job candidate
WHY COGNITIVE SYSTEMS?
We are always on the look-out for bright, highly motivated and energetic A-players to join our team. We encourage an open and agile environment where creative thinking leads to ground-breaking achievements and innovations. We promote a healthy work-life balance in a flexible work setting. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent extended health care benefits plan, 4 weeks of paid vacation annually, a fitness and wellness credit, and we even provide a free catered lunch daily! Most importantly, we are committed to creating the best, most innovative and impactful technology that people will love.
Founded in 2014, Cognitive Systems Corp., set out on a mission to transform the way the world interacts with and uses wireless signals. Determined to use radio frequency (RF) technology to build a new way to interpret wireless signals, the co-founders drew upon their expertise in silicon design, RF, and cryptography. As a result, WiFi Motion™ was born.
Cognitive Systems is licensing our WiFi Motion Stack for use in mesh routers, voice assistants and IoT devices, enabling these devices to see and interpret motion, provide contextual awareness and user behaviour insights into the home. We are proud to partner and collaborate with the following industry leaders: Qualcomm, Broadcom, ON Semiconductor, Plume, AirTies, and CommScope.
Cognitive Systems Corp. is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.