Senior IT Manager
Location: Waterloo, ON (Remote Option Available)
You are an experience IT leader who excels in a scale-up environment as a collaborative individual contributor. You are looking to join a team of people that works together, solves tough problems, challenges each other and trusts each other. You have the ability to see and communicate the outcome of technical discussions in the real world. Ultimately, you thrive being part of a small, very talented and motivated group developing the next generation technologies that will change how the world uses WiFi.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to the Principal Architect, and manage the requirements, design and implementation of IT infrastructure within the organization
- Implement new technology upgrades
- Analyze the IT budget and maintain performance and cost-effectiveness
- Troubleshoot problems and increase overall efficiency
- Manage external IT vendors
- Plan and execute migration of services from an in-house data center to AWS
- Mitigate security and privacy risks
- Monitor computers, networks, and services for optimal performance
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Experience with SaaS – monitoring, up-time measuring
- Aptitude for monitoring key metrics to maintain infrastructure, act and create reports
- Expertise in Active Directory, Networking, AWS (Enterprise: MFA, SSO, VPC)
- Solid understanding and experience in risk, change, and incident management, as well as continuous improvement
- Ability to develop and maintain KPIs and SLA targets
- 5+ years of experience working with or in an Infrastructure/IT Operations role in small to medium sized organizations
- Experience with Mac, Linux, Windows
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Familiarity with ISO 27001/2 and NIST frameworks
- Ability to create insightful dashboards
- Experience in a scale-up environment
Don’t tick all the boxes? We believe that motivation and growth potential are highly valuable characteristics in a job candidate
WHY COGNITIVE SYSTEMS?
We are always on the look-out for bright, highly motivated and energetic A-players to join our team. We encourage an open and agile environment where creative thinking leads to ground-breaking achievements and innovations. We promote a healthy work-life balance in a flexible work setting. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent extended health care benefits plan, 4 weeks of paid vacation annually, a fitness and wellness credit, and we even provide a free in-office catered lunch daily! Most importantly, we are committed to creating the best, most innovative and impactful technology that people will love.
Founded in 2014, Cognitive Systems Corp., set out on a mission to transform the way the world interacts with and uses wireless signals. Determined to use radio frequency (RF) technology to build a new way to interpret wireless signals, the co-founders drew upon their expertise in silicon design, RF, and cryptography. As a result, WiFi Motion™ was born.
Cognitive Systems is licensing our WiFi Motion Stack for use in mesh routers, voice assistants and IoT devices, enabling these devices to see and interpret motion, provide contextual awareness and user behaviour insights into the home. We are proud to partner and collaborate with the following industry leaders: Qualcomm, Broadcom, ON Semiconductor, Plume, AirTies, and CommScope.
Cognitive Systems Corp. is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.