Senior QA Developer
Location: Waterloo, ON
You will thrive working with a first-class team to develop next generation technologies that will change how the world perceives and uses WiFi. You are open minded and can look at traditional technology from a completely new angle. You enjoy working with complex hardware-software systems, and understand the crucial role of quality.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Determine QA parameters of Web and Mobile Applications for manual and automated test cases
- Develop and maintain the Web and Mobile Application automation framework
- Review and contribute to product/system specifications
- Own the QA end-to-end (e2e) performance of our WiFi Motion solution
- Participate in all aspects of testing Cognitive Systems Web and Mobile applications, including functional review, test planning, environment setup, test case creation, automatic/manual test case execution functional and regression testing, and where applicable, bug creation and validation
- Work with stakeholders to create, review and test new features for Web and Mobile Applications
- Own, manage, develop and deploy test cases using Agile processes such as user stories
- Track and communicate issues to stakeholders, development and business teams
- Help troubleshoot issues identified in the test process
- Develop and maintain product and test specifications/procedures and overseeing the QA process
- Ensure the successful deployment of Web and Mobile Applications to the pre-market (demo) and market place
- Develop and maintain internal QA tools
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- A technical background (college diploma, university degree, or equivalent) with over seven years of experience working with embedded software, hardware-software, or similar electronic systems
- Experience in automation and manual test execution of Web and Mobile applications
- Experience QA testing within the Agile development lifecycle
- A passion for the topic: a desire to learn and supplement what you do not know, a desire to test the boundaries of a system, a desire to be a crucial part of a Quality Engineering team
- Strong communication skills
- Good knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Solid understanding of standard QA practices such as bug reporting and verification, smoke tests, regressions tests, feature and performance tests
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test cases
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with programming languages, such as: Python, Pytest, C/C++/C#. Scripting
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Experience in developing Automation Frameworks for Mobile App testing
- Experience with Appium
WHY COGNITIVE SYSTEMS?
We are always on the look-out for bright, highly motivated and energetic A-players to join our team. We encourage an open and agile environment where creative thinking leads to ground-breaking achievements and innovations. We promote a healthy work-life balance in a flexible work setting. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent extended health care benefits plan, 4 weeks of paid vacation annually, a fitness and wellness credit, and we even provide a free catered lunch daily! Most importantly, we are committed to creating the best, most innovative and impactful technology that people will love.
Founded in 2014, Cognitive Systems Corp., set out on a mission to transform the way the world interacts with and uses wireless signals. Determined to use radio frequency (RF) technology to build a new way to interpret wireless signals, the co-founders drew upon their expertise in silicon design, RF, and cryptography. As a result, WiFi Motion™ was born.
Cognitive Systems is licensing our WiFi Motion Stack for use in mesh routers, voice assistants and IoT devices, enabling these devices to see and interpret motion, provide contextual awareness and user behaviour insights into the home. We are proud to partner and collaborate with the following industry leaders: Qualcomm, Broadcom, ON Semiconductor, Plume, AirTies, and CommScope.