Location: Waterloo, ON (Remote Option Available, with Occasional In-Office Requirement)
You are creative, original and appreciate the opportunity for self-expression. You are always thinking about the experience of the end user. You are organized and have incredible attention to detail. You are looking to join a team of people who work together to solve tough problems, while challenging and supporting each other along the way. Ultimately, you thrive being part of a small, very talented and motivated group designing the next generation of technologies that will change how the world uses WiFi.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborate cross-functionally to gather feedback from diverse perspectives and continuously iterate on mobile app designs
- Champion an agile methodology by seeking feedback early in the design process and demonstrate a strong willingness to iterate on designs
- Create mobile app wireframes, interactive prototypes and high-fidelity mockups demonstrating strong UX and UI design skills
- Adhere to Cognitive’s design system and brand style guide
- Manage the upkeep of Cognitive’s design system to maintain efficiency and consistency in our design and development processes
- Help prepare and communicate UX documentation for developer hand-off
- Execute tasks across the entire human-centered design process:
- Conduct user research and developing journey maps, personas and/or other UX artifacts
- Transition from user flows, low fidelity sketches, and wireframes to high-fidelity mockups and interactive prototypes
- Participate in regular design reviews by contributing actionable feedback on the work of other designers and embracing a positive, team player attitude
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- At least 1 year of product design experience, with a portfolio of projects that showcases your design process and skills
- Proficiency with Figma, Sketch or Adobe XD
- Organization and attention to detail
- A positive and collaborative attitude at work every day; strong communication skills when presenting designs for feedback
- Ability to understand both the user and the business side of a problem
- An understanding of mobile UI/UX best practices for iOS and Android
- Critical thinking: Do you like to question the way things are? Can you effectively prioritize tasks and feedback?
- Abstract thinking: Do you enjoy thinking outside the box? Do you seek design inspiration from diverse sources?
- Process-oriented: Are you comfortable following a human-centered design process? Are you committed to identifying opportunities for improved efficiency through new processes?
- Curiosity: Do you demonstrate a thirst for continual learning?
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Experience or understanding of front-end app development
- Familiarity with accessibility best practices for digital design
- Experience working in sprint cycles within an Agile team environment
- Experience using Jira and Confluence
Don’t tick all the boxes? We believe that motivation and growth potential are highly valuable characteristics in a job candidate
WHY COGNITIVE SYSTEMS?
We are always on the look-out for bright, highly motivated and energetic A-players to join our team. We encourage an open and agile environment where creative thinking leads to ground-breaking achievements and innovations. We promote a healthy work-life balance in a flexible work setting. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent extended health care benefits plan, 4 weeks of paid vacation annually, a fitness and wellness credit, and we even provide a free catered lunch daily! Most importantly, we are committed to creating the best, most innovative and impactful technology that people will love.
Founded in 2014, Cognitive Systems Corp., set out on a mission to transform the way the world interacts with and uses wireless signals. Determined to use radio frequency (RF) technology to build a new way to interpret wireless signals, the co-founders drew upon their expertise in silicon design, RF, and cryptography. As a result, WiFi Motion™ was born.
Cognitive Systems is licensing our WiFi Motion Stack for use in mesh routers, voice assistants and IoT devices, enabling these devices to see and interpret motion, provide contextual awareness and user behaviour insights into the home. We are proud to partner and collaborate with the following industry leaders: Qualcomm, Broadcom, ON Semiconductor, Plume, AirTies, and CommScope.
Cognitive Systems Corp. is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.