Location: Waterloo, ON (Remote Option Available)
You are creative and original and appreciate the opportunity for self-expression. You are inquisitive and like to spend time with your thoughts. You are looking to join a team of people who works together, solves tough problems, challenges each other and trusts each other. You have the ability to see and communicate the outcome of technical discussions in the real world. Ultimately, you thrive being part of a small, very talented and motivated group developing the next generation technologies that will change how the world uses WiFi.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work closely with UX team, product management, and engineering to continuously iterate on designs and improve the product experience
- Support the creation of mobile app screens, wireframes and prototypes
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of our design system
- Help identify user needs through qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Participate in regular design reviews and incorporate relevant feedback into designs
- Execute on the product roadmap
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- About 2 years of product design experience, with a portfolio of projects that showcases your design process and skills
- Proficiency with Figma, Sketch or Adobe XD
- An understanding of mobile UI/UX best practices for iOS and Android
- A self-motivated nature with the ability to learn quickly and solve problems
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various teams
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Experience in front end web development
- Familiarity with accessibility best practices
- Experience working in sprint cycles within an Agile team environment
- Experience using Jira and Confluence
- Fluency in Figma
- Don’t tick all the boxes? We believe that motivation and growth potential are highly valuable characteristics in a job candidate
WHY COGNITIVE SYSTEMS?
We are always on the look-out for bright, highly motivated and energetic A-players to join our team. We encourage an open and agile environment where creative thinking leads to ground-breaking achievements and innovations. We promote a healthy work-life balance in a flexible work setting. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent extended health care benefits plan, 4 weeks of paid vacation annually, a fitness and wellness credit, and we even provide a free catered lunch daily! Most importantly, we are committed to creating the best, most innovative and impactful technology that people will love.
Founded in 2014, Cognitive Systems Corp., set out on a mission to transform the way the world interacts with and uses wireless signals. Determined to use radio frequency (RF) technology to build a new way to interpret wireless signals, the co-founders drew upon their expertise in silicon design, RF, and cryptography. As a result, WiFi Motion™ was born.
Cognitive Systems is licensing our WiFi Motion Stack for use in mesh routers, voice assistants and IoT devices, enabling these devices to see and interpret motion, provide contextual awareness and user behaviour insights into the home. We are proud to partner and collaborate with the following industry leaders: Qualcomm, Broadcom, ON Semiconductor, Plume, AirTies, and CommScope.
Cognitive Systems Corp. is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.